|Highland Maple Festival > Food
A visit to the Highland Maple Festival is a culinary experience! Sample delicious local products and a selection of tasty treats infused with Highland-made maple syrup. Maple donuts, maple-glazed chicken, maple candy, all-you-can-eat plain and buckwheat pancakes—smothered in maple syrup—are “musts” on your Maple Festival to-do list! And, don’t forget Highland County-grown lamb and trout dinners.
The following foods are available throughout the four days of the festival:
PANCAKES—PLAIN AND BUCKWHEAT
BLUE GRASS: Blue Grass Ruritan Building. Located on Blue Grass Valley Road, 7 miles north of Monterey. (7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
BOLAR: Bolar Ruritan Club. Located 15 miles south of Monterey at intersection of Routes 220 & 607. (7 a.m. – 3 p.m.) MCDOWELL: Stonewall Ruritan Building. Located at intersection of Routes 250 and 678 in McDowell. (7 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
MONTEREY: Highland Public Schools on Myers/Moon Road, off Rt. U.S. 250 in Monterey. (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
WILLIAMSVILLE: Bath-Highland Fire Department/Williamsville Community Center on Route 678. (7 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
Trout, Chicken, and Ham Dinners at the McDowell Firehouse; Rt. 678, across from the
Stonewall Ruritan building. 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Baked Goods & Maple Products (Hiner Church of the Brethren); Stonewall Ruritan Building
- Burgers, Country Ham, Hot Dogs & Pork BBQ (Asbury U.M. Church)
- Funnel Cakes & Fried Oreos (Monterey U.M. Church)
- Maple Cinnamon Buns & Loaded Spuds (WOFC Outreach Ministry)
- Pork Rinds (Monterey Lions Club)
Maple-Glazed Chicken & Grilled Pork Tenderloin (Monterey Presbyterian Church)
- Baked Goods, Chili & Hot Dogs (Ladies Auxiliary); Monterey Firehouse.
Local Lamb & Beef Meals. Vegetarian option. (The Highland Center & Highland Co. Sheep & Wool Producers);
The Highland Center. Saturdays only, noon-6 p.m.
- Maple Donuts (Mill Gap Ruritan Club); Behind Ernie’s Market.
- Pork Rinds (Monterey Lions Club); Highland High School.
- Scones, Tea & Cappuccino (WVLS Radio); Highland High School.
- Trout Sandwiches (Virginia Trout Company); North on Rt. U.S. 220.
- Evelyn’s Pantry (Main Street, Monterey) – vegetable soup, sandwiches, and maple baked goods
- Highs Restaurant (Main Street, Monterey) - Pancakes & buckwheat cakes; fresh trout
- The Highland Inn (Main Street, Monterey) - Pancakes & buckwheat cakes; fresh trout
- Mountain Hideaway Restaurant (Corner of Routes U.S. 250 & 220, Monterey) - Pancakes & buckwheat cakes; fresh trout
Seated service available