JOB OPENING – Executive Director
The Highland County Chamber of Commerce is seeking a motivated, self-starting, highly-organized, professional to fill the role of Executive Director of the Highland County Chamber of Commerce. The Executive Director will be responsible for the overall organization and “big picture vision” of the Highland County Chamber of Commerce.
This is a part-time (possibly full-time) position. (Potential for more hours in the future.) Ideal candidate will be responsible for the tasks outlined below and tasks outlined in the attached detailed list of job responsibilities for the Executive Director as well as possess the desired qualifications, which are also outlined below:
General responsibilities will include:
- Manage budget and finances
- Manage overall organization and work flow for the chamber
- Visit with and talk to members, community, and visitors
- Report to Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Membership recruitment and incentives
- Work with staff (Event Coordinator and Marketing Manager) to ensure all organization deadlines are met
- Assist Event Coordinator with any overflow workload leading up to events
- Also, see full detailed list of Executive Director Job Responsibilities
- A background in finance and budgeting
- Proficiency with Quickbooks
- Outgoing personality
- Excellent time management skills
- An understanding of small business practices and needs especially related to Highland County
- An appreciation and/or knowledge for tourism
- Prior management experience with a non-profit or other civic organization preferred, but not required
The Highland County Chamber of Commerce has been overhauling our internal structure for the past few years. We are now taking the next step in our reorganization plan and need the ideal candidate who is excited to help us further this organization in an even more sustainable, efficient, and successful manner.
The Highland County Chamber of Commerce encourages a positive work environment, a team mentality among staff, a caring and respectful relationship between board, officers, and staff, and an organizational structure and focused workload for each staff member, so they feel comfortable, low-stressed, and successful when handling their workload and achieving tasks and responsibilities.
One of the first tasks the new Executive Director will focus on is the development of a new strategic plan for the Highland County Chamber of Commerce. This will include working with and receiving input from the previous Executive Director, current staff, and the Board of Directors to create a potential revised mission statement, task and print deadlines for the year, and review of by-laws.
Compensation: Competitive pay TBD depending on applicant’s skill, experience, and desired level of pay. Call (540) 468-2550 or email email@example.com for more info.
To apply: Please submit your application and/or resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 30, 2018.