- Arts & Crafts Show
- Highland History Museum
- Lodging Availability
- Maple Sugar Facts
- Maple Sugar Tours
- Weather Forecast
A visit to the Highland Maple Festival is a culinary experience! Sample delicious local products and a selection of tasty treats infused with Highland-made maple syrup. Maple donuts, maple-glazed chicken, maple candy, all-you-can-eat regular and buckwheat pancakes smothered in maple syrup are “musts” on your Maple Festival to-do list!
The following foods are available throughout the four days of the festival:
Denotes seated service available
PANCAKE DINNERS — REGULAR AND BUCKWHEAT:
BLUE GRASS: Blue Grass Ruritan Building. Located on Blue Grass Valley Road, 7 miles north of Monterey. (7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
BOLAR: Bolar Ruritan Club. Located 15 miles south of Monterey at intersection of Routes 220 & 607. (7 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
MCDOWELL: Stonewall Ruritan Building. On Route 678 in McDowell. (7 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
MONTEREY: Highland County Public Schools on Myers-Moon Road, off Rt. U.S. 250 in Monterey.
(8 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
WILLIAMSVILLE: Bath-Highland Fire Department/Williamsville Community Center on Route 678.
(7 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- McDowell Fire Department: BBQ Chicken, Trout, and Country Ham Dinners; Rt.
678, across from the Stonewall Ruritan building. 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- McDowell Fire Department: Cotton Candy, Candied Apples, Funnel Cakes; Rt. 678
- Stonewall Ruritan Building: Maple Products, Kettle Corn, and Pork Rinds; Rt. 678
- Mill Gap Ruritans Maple Donuts; Located directly north of the Highland Medical Center off Rt. 220 South
- Maple Festival Food Court; N. Water St.,
- Burgers, Cheeseburgers, Bacon Cheeseburgers, Country Ham, Hot Dogs, Chili Dogs, and Pork BBQ
- Funnel Cakes
- Church of God of Prophecy: Country Ham Sandwiches, Burgers, and Hot Dogs; Main Street
- Monterey Lions Club: Pork Rinds; Main Street
- Kettle Corn; Main Street
- The Highland Inn (68 W. Main Street, Monterey) – Special festival menu featuring local meats and produce
- Highs Restaurant (73 W. Main Street, Monterey) – Pancakes and buckwheat cakes, trout
- The Curly Maple (174 W. Main Street, Monterey) – Lunch specials and signature Maple Cinnamon Buns
- Hull’s Hideaway Restaurant & Tavern (37 Potomac River Road, Monterey) – Pancakes and buckwheat cakes, trout