- Arts & Crafts Show
- Highland History Museum
- Lodging Availability
- Maple Sugar Facts
- Maple Sugar Tours
- Weather Forecast
A visit to the Highland Maple Festival is a culinary experience! Sample delicious local products and a selection of tasty treats infused with Highland-made maple syrup. Maple donuts, maple-glazed chicken, maple candy, all-you-can-eat plain and buckwheat pancakes smothered in maple syrup are “musts” on your Maple Festival to-do list!
The following foods are available throughout the four days of the festival:
Denotes seated service available
PANCAKE DINNERS — PLAIN AND BUCKWHEAT:
BLUE GRASS: Blue Grass Ruritan Building. Located on Blue Grass Valley Road, 7 miles north of Monterey. (7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
BOLAR: Bolar Ruritan Club. Located 15 miles south of Monterey at intersection of Routes 220 & 607.
(7 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
MCDOWELL: Stonewall Ruritan Building. Located at intersection of Routes 250 and 678 in McDowell.
(7 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
MONTEREY: Highland Public Schools on Myers/Moon Road, off Rt. U.S. 250 in Monterey.
(8 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
WILLIAMSVILLE: Bath-Highland Fire Department/Williamsville Community Center on Route 678.
(7 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- McDowell Fire Department: Trout, Chicken, and Ham Dinners; Rt.
678, across from the Stonewall Ruritan building. 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Stonewall Ruritan Building: Baked Goods & Maple Products
- Mill Gap Ruritans Maple Donuts; Behind Ernie’s Market.
- Maple Festival Food Court; Water St., Monterey
- Asbury United Methodist Church: Burgers, Country Ham, Hot Dogs & Pork BBQ
- Monterey United Methodist Church: Funnel Cakes & Fried Oreos
- The Little Cheerful: Soups & Stews
- Church of God of Prophecy: Country Ham, Burgers, Bacon Cheese Burgers & Chilli Dogs; Main Street
- Monterey Lions Club: Pork Rinds; Main Street
- Monterey Vol. Fire Dept.: Baked Goods, Chili & Hot Dogs; Monterey Firehouse.
- Virginia Trout Company: Trout Sandwiches; North on Rt. U.S. 220.
- Monterey Presbyterian Church: Maple-Glazed Chicken & Grilled Pork Tenderloin; Spruce Street across from Courthouse
- Mt. Concession’s Kettle Corn; Main Street
- The Highland Inn (Main Street, Monterey) – Fine dining featuring locally-sourced food
- Highs Restaurant (Main Street, Monterey) – Pancakes & buckwheat cakes; fresh trout
- The Real Deal (Main Street, Monterey) – Lunch specials prepared with local foods
- Hull’s Hideaway Restaurant & Tavern (Corner of Routes U.S. 250 & 220, Monterey) – Pancakes & buckwheat cakes; fresh trout